Recipe by mer@
Another version of meatloaf for the meatloaf lovers out there. This recipe makes a lot but the "leftover" meatloaf sandwiches are great, too!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well the first 8 ingredients plus half the can of pizza sauce.
- On a sheet of waxed paper flatten the meat mixture into a long rectangle.
- Next, place the slices of deli ham on top.
- Make sure to leave a definite margin.
- Spread the mushrooms over the ham and sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese over all.
- Carefully start at the narrow end of the meat mixture and roll up jelly roll style.
- As you roll, seal the edges.
- Place seam side down on a baking pan.
- Brush with more sauce.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours@ 375.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve with warm pizza sauce.