Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cheesy twist on a family favorite
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) packagepasta roni angel hair pasta, with parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dry
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic salt in medium bowl. Shape meat mixture into 20 (1-1/2-inch) meatballs.
- Cook meatballs with oil in large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until meatballs are browned on all sides, turning occasionally. Drain fat. Return meatballs to skillet.
- Add 3/4 cup water, milk and tomatoes to same skillet: bring to a boil. Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings packet. Return to a boil, Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil uncovered 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and meatballs are no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.