Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Frozen Meatballs in a Creamy Spinach Sauce. A quick easy dinner, that my family loves.
- 35 -40 frozen italian meatballs
- 1 cup frozen spinach, cut up
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place frozen meatballs in bottom of round casserole.
- Sprinkle frozen spinach on top of meatballs.
- Whisk beefstock, sourcream, dill, cumin, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch together in seperate bowl.
- Pour over meatballs, cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until done.
- Stir halfway through cooking and take off lid to thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
- Add extra sourcream after cooking if you like a stroganoffy sauce.
Very good and very different. I doubled the sauce and added 1/2 chopped onion and red pepper flakes. I also used fresh baby spinach and light sour cream. Great change of pace for meatballs. We enjoyed this dinner, thanks!
The recipe is great, I like finding something else to do with meatballs. The flavor is very different but tasty. I think I used larger meatballs than what was intended (large golfball size) and it filled my 2 quart round casserole dish to the top so the sauce didn't cover half the meatballs and it was too hard to stir. Next time I will either use a bigger casserole dish or smaller meatballs.
We really liked this recipe. I liked having meatballs in something other than spaghetti. Next time I make it, I will double the sauce because there wasn't much of it left after baking.