Recipe by crymara
Frozen Meatballs in a Creamy Spinach Sauce. A quick easy dinner, that my family loves.
Top Review by jrusk
Very good and very different. I doubled the sauce and added 1/2 chopped onion and red pepper flakes. I also used fresh baby spinach and light sour cream. Great change of pace for meatballs. We enjoyed this dinner, thanks!
- 35 -40 frozen italian meatballs
- 1 cup frozen spinach, cut up
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen meatballs in bottom of round casserole.
- Sprinkle frozen spinach on top of meatballs.
- Whisk beefstock, sourcream, dill, cumin, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch together in seperate bowl.
- Pour over meatballs, cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until done.
- Stir halfway through cooking and take off lid to thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
- Add extra sourcream after cooking if you like a stroganoffy sauce.