These meatballs are easy to make and very tasty. I love them on a meatball sandwich the day after!
Make and share this Italian Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (either sweet or hot, depending on your taste)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Blend in the wine and tomato paste and set aside.
- Place the ground beef and italian sausage in a large bowl and blend with your hands.
- Add the bread crumbs and dry ingredients.
- Slowly blend in the egg mixture with the hamburger mixture until it is mixed well.
- If it is too dry, add more tomato paste or wine.
- Shape into 2 to 3 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turn meatballs at 10 minutes.
- Add them to your tomato sauce (see Simple Tomato Sauce Recipe) and cook approximately 30 minutes or longer for more flavor.
Very tasty meatballs! I usually make my own recipe but every now and them I like to try something new. I followed the recipe as posted then threw the meatballs in a pot of sauce. The meatballs baked really well and I wouldn't do it any differently with this recipe. I also think these would make great little cocktail meatballs since they are so flavorful. Thanks for posting, we will definitely try this again!
Very good and easy recipe. I skipped the wine and tomato paste (used the sauce I was using for spaghetti. I also used plain bread crumbs and added extra Italian seasonings. Very tasty.
very good recipe, put a piece of provolone cheese inside each meatball and it'll be perfect