1/1 Photo of Italian Meatballs
1 hr 10 mins
Christine Bettiga's Note:
These meatballs are easy to make and very tasty. I love them on a meatball sandwich the day after!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (either sweet or hot, depending on your taste)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- 2Blend in the wine and tomato paste and set aside.
- 3Place the ground beef and italian sausage in a large bowl and blend with your hands.
- 4Add the bread crumbs and dry ingredients.
- 5Slowly blend in the egg mixture with the hamburger mixture until it is mixed well.
- 6If it is too dry, add more tomato paste or wine.
- 7Shape into 2 to 3 inch meatballs.
- 8Place meatballs on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turn meatballs at 10 minutes.
- 10Add them to your tomato sauce (see Simple Tomato Sauce Recipe) and cook approximately 30 minutes or longer for more flavor.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g