Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
After searching for a meatball recipe for ages, I finally came up with this one and it's a hit. Great in spaghetti, meatball hoagies, etc. They also freeze well after cooking.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- If using oven method- preheat to 350 degrees.
- Mix by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread a little olive oil on cookie sheet to coat.
- Form meatballs and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minute.
- Turn meatballs and bake 10-15 minute longer.
- Use in your favorite Italian recipe.
- * These can also be pan-fried in olive oil on Med. to Med-Hi if you prefer.
- Cook's note: After baking, the meatballs can be frozen. In order to keep them from freezing together, pre-freeze on a cookie sheet spaced apart. When frozen, place in freezer bags for later use. Then just use as many as you want. They can be thawed but I just put them into my sauce frozen and simmer until thawed.
Wow! These are terrific. I have to respectfully disagree with vdm86 though. I think they smell GREAT when cooking - made my house smell like an Italian restaurant. I made them for hoagies, with sliced onion & peppers in sauce and melted mozzerella cheese. Will definitely add these to my book.
Finally! Someone who doesn't put oregano in meatballs like us real italians! Good recipe!
Really good. I did "tweak" the ingredients a bit. More garlic and a variety of fresh herbs from my garden. An excellent base to start with. The eggs, bread crumbs, and meat amounts were spot on. I baked mine and put them in minestrone, MMMMM!!!