Recipe by hschroer77
Homemade meatballs are the best!
Top Review by Queen Roachie
I thought these were really good, and my kids adored them! I cut the recipe in half, and even with meatballs the size of a ping pong to almost golf ball (turns out I'm an inconsistent roller) I got about 30. I used flax meal to replace cracker crumbs and used 2 eggs for the half recipe. My kids were super excited to have homemade meatball subs for dinner. After baking most of the way through, I simmered these in my own sauce for about an hour or so. Kids have asked that I keep this in the rotation, so thanks for sharing.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, ground
- saltine crackers
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Saltine crackers in a zip lock bag and crush (to look like bread crumbs).
- Take onion and chop finely.
- Mix ground beef, italian sausage, eggs, onion, garlice, parsley, salt and pepper. Then, mix in saltine crackers until "meatloaf" consistency.
- Form balls of mixture and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. This mixture should make approximately 50 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in oven at 350 degree F for 40 minutes, turning occacsionally.
- When meatbals are done in oven, place them in a slow cooker Place red pepper, green pepper, and marinara sauce on top of meatballs.
- Allow to cook on low for 2-4 hours.