Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our favorite meatball recipe!.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Italian bread, diced small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, Chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine Italian Bread Cubes (small cubes) and milk and let sit for a few minutes.
- Crumble pork, beef and veal in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the dry bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and garlic over meat.
- In a separate small bowl - - beat egg, salt and black pepper until blended. Pour over meat mixture.
- Mix ingredients.
- Italian Bread Cubed - - squeeze out excess milk from bread crumbs and add bread cubes to meat mixture. Gently mix. If mixture seems a little dry, add a small amount of remaining milk as needed.
- Shape the meat mixture into 1 1/2" meatballs.
- Cooking Options:.
- A. Roll meatballs into flour until lightly coated. Cook meatballs in olive oil until golden brown and cooked in middle.
- B. Or place meatballs on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- At this point the meatballs can be added to sauce or frozen for a later use.