Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother's recipe, which I have loved since I was very young. Ratings and critiques appreciated :)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pieces sliced bread, no crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb chopped meat
- Dice cloves of garlic and put into a medium bowl.
- Add grated cheese, parsley, salt, black pepper, bread (put bread under cold water; ring out; break up), and eggs. Mix all ingredients with a fork.
- Add chopped meat and mix well. Form into balls.
- Pour enough oil into a large fry pan to cover the bottom. Fry meatballs on medium heat until browned on all sides.
- OPTIONAL: A quick solution if the meatballs are done before the rest of your meal - place into large pot filled with marinara sauce and cover. Let simmer over lowest possible flame until ready to serve (no more than one hour).
Nice meatball recipe, this is moist and juicy. I may try baking next time, try to cut down on a bit of the oil. Thanks for posting.
Made for Fall 2011 PAC