Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my old original recipe for Italian meatballs from 25 years ago. I've never shared it with anyone until now. I guess I'm growing up! HA! You'll probably want to double the recipe. Don't switch the brand of the breadcrumbs or it won't taste right. Tomato gravy means the same thing as spaghetti sauce.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped VERY fine
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup progresso Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 dash salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 1 egg, raw
- Mix everything and form into balls.
- Brown them just a little bit and then put them in your tomato gravy.
- Cook on low for a couple of hours.
Just made these and they are fantastic - used exactly what the recipe called for -This is definitely a keeper thank you Chef Kiddie
youv'e found the perfect meatball look no further just a great tasting gives the fravy you use more wonderful flavor,thanks
I made these tasty meatballs for PAC 06. They are SO nummy and packed full of flavor !! I tried a couple but the rest got frozen for dh while I am away in Canada for 4 wks. I think if you were to use plain bread crumbs you would lose so much of the flavor. The cheese mixture adds just the right amount of zip to the meatballs. Thanks Kiddle !!!!