Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just plain love good meatballs!, and mine are pretty darn good! *Omit the parmesan cheese when using for other recipes that are not italian-style.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and lightly mix, but mix well, with hands. Form into 20 meatballs.
- Place them on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops lightly with coarse ground pepper.
- Bake in 400º over for 20-25 minutes. *Mine always take 22 minutes in my oven.
- If they are still just a little pink inside, it's ok if they are to simmer in a sauce, otherwise bake til done.
- Simmer in spaghetti sauce on low for 5-10 minutes.
- *You can omit the parmesan and use parsley instead if italian seasoning, and use these meatballs for other recipes.
These are excellent! I have two recipes that I use for meatballs - this one for Italian style and the Pioneer Woman's for regular style. My husband LOVES these, especially on a hoagie with sauce and melted cheese.
good meatballs, easy to make, great to freeze; Needs more seasoning, next time I'll use fresh minced garlic
I'm not an excellent cook by any means but this recipe was easy to follow and turned out fantastic.The meatballs were very tasty especially after I melted some mozz. on them. Very pleased!