Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, tasty, nourishing, soup, add a little zip, if you like, a dash of red pepper flakes.
Make and share this Italian Meatball Soup - Quick recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 ounces packagesfrozen italian style cooked meatballs, or your own from the freezer,about 8
- 1⁄2 cup small dry pasta, such as ditalini or 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta (elbows are ok)
- 1 cup loose pack, frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Stir together beef broth, undrained tomatoes, the water and Italian seasoning in a large saucepan, bring to boiling.
- Add meatballs, pasta and frozen veggies.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, about 10 minutes or till pasta and veggies are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
This is an awesome recipe. I made it yesterday and it just keeps getting better. I used Morningstar Farms veggie meatballs and it turned out perfect. The parmesan cheese makes it extra special. This is a definite keeper.
This is an awesome recipe that I will be keeping. Especially on those nights that you have no interest in cooking. It was easy and delicious. Served with crackers and toasty french bread for dipping! I used the Kittencal meatball recipe for the meatballs!! It was heaven in a bowl!! The ate it up and asked for seconds. Definitely a keeper! Thanks Derf!
Funny how the simplest recipes are often the tastiest! This is so easy and has been a hit with everyone every time. I cook everything but the pasta about 20 minutes or so to soften the veggies before I throw the noodles in, then cook 10 more. I also add in more beef broth for more soup. Amazing with a loaf of hot french bread!