Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, tasty, nourishing, soup, add a little zip, if you like, a dash of red pepper flakes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 ounces packagesfrozen italian style cooked meatballs, or your own from the freezer,about 8
- 1⁄2 cup small dry pasta, such as ditalini or 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta (elbows are ok)
- 1 cup loose pack, frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Stir together beef broth, undrained tomatoes, the water and Italian seasoning in a large saucepan, bring to boiling.
- Add meatballs, pasta and frozen veggies.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, about 10 minutes or till pasta and veggies are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
This is an awesome recipe. I made it yesterday and it just keeps getting better. I used Morningstar Farms veggie meatballs and it turned out perfect. The parmesan cheese makes it extra special. This is a definite keeper.
This is like a minestrone with meatballs!! It really was easy & fast to put together. I used my own meatballs, but used around 10 of them. I used low sodium chicken broth & added 1/4 tsp oregano. I think next time I'll add some salt & pepper just for extra flavor. I used whole wheat elbows & simmer time was about 8 minutes. I also sauteed some chopped onion & garlic before adding everything else. I might add a can of white beans next time to add more fiber!
I really loved this soup. It is easy to make and very flavorful. I will definitely make again. I added a can of beans to increase the fiber and make it a really complete meal. I just realized I forgot to sprinkle the parmesan. Can't wait to try it with the cheese.