Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
A great tasting soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,divided
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning, divided
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups green beans, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked,broken into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ground turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning until well blended; shape mixture into 32 meatballs.
- Spray large saucepan with Pam; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook meatballs until browned on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, green beans, carrots, onions, remaining 2 cloves garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning to saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until vegetables are almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Heat soup to boiling; add pasta and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.