Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another Bisquick winner!
- 1 (18 ounce) bagfrozen cooked italian meatballs
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Italian cheese (6 oz.)
- 2 1⁄4 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- Heat over to 400 and coat a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Thaw meatballs in microwave on high 3-5 minutes or until warm.
- Add pasta sauce and stir to coat and place half in baking dish.
- Mix spinach, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheese together and spoon half of the mixture by tablespoonfuls randomly over meatballs.
- Stir Bisquick mix and milk in medium bowl until soft dough forms; spoon half of this mixture over the meatballs by tablespoonfuls.
- Repeat layers with remaining meatballs, spinach mixture and Bisquick dough.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- TIP: Bake for 20 minutes as directed but do not add the remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze. For an easy weeknight meal, bake frozen casserole at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.