Recipe by dicentra
This is from my 365 Low-fat Meals cookbook. Yum! This will come together in zero time if you already have meatballs made up and stashed in the freezer. :)
Top Review by kmbrly2383
This turned out really good. I doubled the recipe- except only used 2 tbsp of lemon juice and about 4 big handfuls of spinach instead of the escarole.
I added about a tsp or so of Italian seasoning, 1 can of diced petite tomatoes & 1 can of kidney beans to the broth.
I also added a handful of italian bread crumbs to the meatballs.
Amazing recipe. Thanks for sharing- will make this again and again!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 4 cups escarole, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, egg white, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix lightly to blend. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- In a large soup pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add meatballs and orzo, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add escarole and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until escarole is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with more Parmesan cheese.