Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Simple and Quick and the best!!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed (optional)
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Brown chopped onion till well done but don't burn it.
- Add garlic for 1/2 minute.
- Add beef and brown well. Smash with the back of wooden spoon as you cook beef to break up and cook till all liquid is gone.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water and mushrooms, Stir.
- Add all seasonings and bring just to boil. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Pour over you favorite pasta. Salute!