Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add green pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato paste and spaghetti sauce mix; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesean cheese on bottom of pie shell.
- Spread 1/2 meat mixture on top of parmesean and then layer 1 cup Mozarella.
- Layer remaining meat mixture.
- Top with 1/4 cup Parmesean.
- Bake on cookie sheet in 400-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Mozarella and heat until melted (10 minutes).
This was good. But as I was making it, DD came in with 2 friends....and they were all hungry, so I had to figure a way to make it stretch. I mixed ricotta cheese with an egg, and added 1/2 cup of prepackaged pesto. I Put the parm cheese down for the first layer, then the ricotta mixture, then followed the rest of your instructions. It was a hit!
I really like this. Great comfort food! Very easy meal, served with salad and garlic bread. My spaghetti sauce package by McCormicks said 1.5 oz, so I used about 1 oz.
I didn`t know what package spaghetti sauce mix so I just used Italian spices in place of it.I did use more cheese I would suggest adding onions, garlic,mushrooms. I felt this needed more of a kick.Don`t get me wrong this was good just missing something.Come to think of it the children would like something like this. Simple!