Recipe by Margie99
I got this from a Pilsbury hamburger cookbook and it sounds good and easy.
Top Review by I'mPat
I made some minor changes in that I used 750 grams very lean mince/ground beef, 1 egg (because that was all I had left), 2/3 cup breadcrumbs mixed with some Italian seasoning, 1/2 a small onion finely chopped (a little more than a 1/4 cup), a good grind of pepper and a 580 gram of basil and garlic pasta sauce (would cut this back as it was a little 2 rich in the tomato with the cup of sauce also added to the meat mix), these quantities worked well for me and gave a good textured meatloaf and cooked up beautifully at 175C fan forced in an hour and served 5 of us, thank you Margie99, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jartomato pasta sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. in a large bowl combine all ingredients except pasta sauce. Add 1 cup pasta sauce and mix well. Press mixture into an ungreased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Pour remaining pasta sauce over meat loaf. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.