It's a recipe I maded up on the fly for dinner one night to go with steak. It also goes really good with my easy Italian Chicken recipe.
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk (I use skim milk)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
For double batch
- 3 lbs large red potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 (5/8 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk (I use skim milk)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- If you happen to use larger potatoes for the double batch, halve the large potatoes because the small ones for the regualr batch can be left whole.
- Place all the potatoes in a deep pot and cover with water.
- Place a lid on the potatoes and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, uncover and cook until tender (about twelve to fifteen minutes).
- Then drain potatoes and put them back into the hot pot.
- Add the butter, the seasoning package, milk and cheese. It really depends on how creamy and cheesy you like your potatoes when deciding how much you want to add of the milk and cheese.
- Smash the potatoes until they are the desired texture.
- Add the amount of salt and pepper to taste you like and enjoy.
Delicious and different way to make potatoes. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese on hand so used swiss cheese. Turned out great. Thanks for a simple and delicious recipe.
These were quick and delicious!!! What a perfect match to our Carabba's Chicken Marsala! YUM!
These were a hit! We served with an Italian chicken dish. I used skim milk but needed to add more butter to get the right consistency; it could be because I used russet potatoes. The dressing mix really came through perfectly and was not too overpowering.