Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pie has a sour cream and chive mashed potato crust that is topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Yummy!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chives
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, then drain and mash.
- Stir in butter, sour cream, chives, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9" deep pie plate.
- Spread in mashed potatoes.
- Arrange 6 oz mozzarella cheese on top of potatoes.
- Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Top with remaining mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
Yummy! My husband loved this! We skipped the parmesan cheese and it was still excellent. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
This was delicious! It did overflow my deep dish plate so next time will use a deep oval baker. I had to make some substitutions, since tomatoes are out of season here I used dried tomatoes, soaked and chopped and I didn't have mozzarella so used a mixture of cheddar, romano and ricotta. This gets 5 stars because it's adaptable and flavorful and my family really liked it. Thanks!
This dish was very tasty. I prepared the mashed potatoes the night before and put them in the pie dish. The rest I prepared just before baking it. I didn't have any parmesan cheese but it was still delicious. Thanks marie for a great recipe.