Recipe by ChefRed
Delcious side dish with grilled meats. Serve cold. My Grandmother "Nonna" used to make these, mom still does and I adore the taste of zucchini, vinegar & garlic. Mint leaves are needed to give it a very subtle taste, will not taste the same without them.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, slice, pat-dry and fry the zucchini in oil.
- When golden brown remove from oil and rid of excess fat on paper towel.
- Wash mint leaves. Need about 6. Chop them up.
- Arrange zucchini in a serving platter and flavor with vinegar mixed with chopped mint, and garlic cloves.
- Place in refrigerator once cooled off to chill.
- Salt and pepper to taste .