Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a delicious, simple Italian dish.. Use whatever veggies are in season. Try serving with my Mortadella Roll Ups With a Salami and Cream Cheese Filling and my Hummus
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 large red onions, cut into chunks
- 1 lb mushroom, of your choice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Steam all veggies except the mushroom for 8 minutes.
- Add the mushroom and continue steaming for 2 more minutes.
- Place the hot veggies in a large, flat dish.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients while still warm.
- Let cool to room temperature, cover and marinate over night in the fridge. Give them a toss once or twice while marinating.
- To serve, toss and serve at room temperature.
- These will keep for a week in the fridge.
My husband and I enjoy marinated vegetables, however this recipe wasn't quite right for us, flavor wise. I think the only vegetable that should have been partially steamed was the cauliflower. Should I make this again, I would also add some herbs for added flavor. Very easy to prepare, just not our taste. :)