Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use the freshest ingredients and you will get the freshest tasting salad ever!
- 1 lb grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb asparagus, bottom 2/3 peeled with peeler (optional)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, best you can afford
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large 12" skillet, bring water to boil.
- Add a little salt if desired.
- Cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes then drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Cut asparagus into 1" pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and stir gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be made 1 day ahead.