Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I think this is better than lasagna.
- 8 ounces manicotti, cooked and placed in cold water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 13x9in baking pan.
- In lg bowl mix eggs and next 6 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stuff manicotti shells.
- Place side by side in baking pan.
- Pour sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until bubbly.
I doubled this for a dinner party tonight. I used 1/2 spinach, 1/2 fresh basil, and it really turned out nicely. Next time I will try the "no boil" method--even though I only cooked the manicotti for 8 min, some split while I stuffed them. thank you for a great basic recipe!