Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very fresh and easy summer salad, much better than the widely known tomato-mozzarella-salad. And it looks so nice! A friend of dh who is Italian made it for us thousand years ago, when we spend some wonderful days in his home in Rome and when I told him that I love Italian cuisine, but hate raw tomatoes.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 24 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper
- Peel and cut mango into 24 or more or less little pieces.
- Cut mozzarella into the same amount of little pieces.
- Put the mozzarella pieces on top of the mango pieces.
- Put a basil leave on every mozzarella-mango-tower.
- Combine oil and lemon juice and sprinkle over the pieces,.
- Add freshly ground pepper and very little salt.
- Serve soon.
This is awsome. fantastic flaver. even better with a splash of balsomic vinegar.I would add the word Mozzeralla to the name. I would have found it alot sooner.
I love this salad! It is better than the tomato version, if you like mangoes. I diced up mangoes and fresh mozzarella into small cubes and sprinkled with basil chiffonade. All the women at my luncheon raved over this one! Thank you for such a unique recipe!
Divine! I agree, it's even better than tomato and mozzarella salad and that's saying something because I love that. The mozzarella bufala available here is imported and insanely expensive but I'm glad I got it. I can imagine how lovely the ingredients would be, stacked up as described, but I wasn't in the mood for fussing with it, so I just made two layers, sprinkled it with the smallest basil leaves and called it great.