Recipe by Vielliebchen
A very fresh and easy summer salad, much better than the widely known tomato-mozzarella-salad. And it looks so nice! A friend of dh who is Italian made it for us thousand years ago, when we spend some wonderful days in his home in Rome and when I told him that I love Italian cuisine, but hate raw tomatoes.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 24 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut mango into 24 or more or less little pieces.
- Cut mozzarella into the same amount of little pieces.
- Put the mozzarella pieces on top of the mango pieces.
- Put a basil leave on every mozzarella-mango-tower.
- Combine oil and lemon juice and sprinkle over the pieces,.
- Add freshly ground pepper and very little salt.
- Serve soon.