Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hearty, healthy and filling. I love this soup with a good chunk of rustic italian bread on a cool night. Yum! Makes enough to freeze leftovers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mixed beans
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -4 beef bouillon
- 4 -6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 6 skinned fresh tomatoes
- grated pecorino romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, add chopped carrots, celery, garlic and onion and process until minced.
- In a large pot, add 2T olive oil, and the minced carrot mixture. Saute 3-5 minutes until softened. Add ground beef and cook though. Add beans, tomatoes, bullion, water and italian seasoning. Simmer over medium-low heat 1-2 hours.
- Cook and strain, and rinse elbow macaroni. Add to pot, adding a bit more water if necessary. I like mine with less broth. Heat through. Serve with grated cheese and a chunk of crusty rustic italian bread.
- --Recipe Note-- I use 2 Knorr Beef bullion. If using a different brand, use 4 for desired strength.