Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Gotta LOVE it :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 3 large eggs (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, defrosted
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package with water, oil and eggs.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Blend together Ricotta, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Pour evenly over chocolate batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool cake completely, but leave in pan.
- Blend together pudding and milk (this will get very thick) and then fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of cake and chill before serving.
I have made this cake several times and it is excellent. This is a really easy recipe and the cake is very rich. I recommend it without reservation!!
Very, very good. Gourmet taste without the time-consuming gourmet effort. I melted dark chocolate chips and drizzled over the top for a pretty and tasty effect.
No one will ever know it has cheese in it. I even won a prize in a baking contest.