Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy to make stew with NO-Meat and is made in a crock pot, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- 354.88 ml dried lentils
- 709.77 ml water
- 566.99 g butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 473.18 ml bottled marinara sauce (such as Classico)
- 226.79 g green beans, ends trimmed and beans cut in half (canned beans are fine)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large white potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Mix lentils and 3 cups water in a 3-quart or larger (slow-cooker) crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients EXCEPT olive oil; Place mixed ingredients on top of lentils in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours until vegetables and lentils are tender; Stir in olive oil, Serve in soup plates or bowls; Pass the Parmesan cheese at the table.
This is wonderful and packed full of healthy veggies. We used leftover spaghetti sauce and left out the bell pepper and onions. Because I live in a high altitude area and never know how the beans will behave I soaked the lentiles for a couple of hours before using them--the result was tender lentiles and wonderful soup. We had this with Pumpkin Rye Yeast Bread Pumpkin Rye Yeast Bread--the perfect accompaniant. Thanks for sharing this keeper--we will be having this often this winter.
Pretty good. If I make this again, I will either soak the lentils first or cook them longer (I cooked them close to 10 hours but they were just a tad undercooked I think). I'd add more liquid too. Maybe vegetable broth or beef broth or something.
Great 1 dish recipe. If you're stuck without a stove and want a good meal, do this one!