Recipe by Momto3
My 4 year old calls this Porrige, hence the name. I made this up yesterday and it was a huge hit. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup barley
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can olives
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in rice cooker and stir well. Press the cook button on rice cooker. Once rice cooker is done mix well and serve with cheese on top. Be forewarner -- I put a towel under my rice cooker because it was almost completely full, I was glad I did because it spurted qutie a bit.
- I think this would also do just fine in a slow cooker on low for 4 hours or on the stovetop for 30 minutes or so.