Recipe by Sharon123
Be prepared to be whisked away to the summer streets of Chicago. From Jeff Mauro, Sandwich King, episode, Chicago Street Food. Allow time for the ice cubes to freeze.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole lemon, peel of, pith removed (white part removed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar with 3 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into 3 ice cube trays and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Place the trays in the freezer to harden, 4 to 8 hours depending on your freezer.
- When ready to serve, add the ice cubes and the lemon peel to a food processor and pulse until the ice is fluffy and broken down.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon.