Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A mild flavorful fish dish to serve for any occasion !
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, & sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, minced garlic, basil and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil (for easy clean up).
- Spray covered cookie sheet with non stick stray so fish will not stick.
- Place trout fillets (skin side down) on covered cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Spoon mixture you reserved in bowl over fish. About 1 tablespoon full spreading evenly over fish.
- Place a couple of lemon slice over top of mixture on fish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- No need to add salt as Parmesan will add salt to recipe.
- Wonderful served with a side salad or pasta.
I thought this recipe was delicious! I thought I had defrosted trout when in fact it was red snapper filets. So I used the recipe anyway. The other change is I used dried lemon peel and lemon juice out of a plastic lemon. Still with those changes, it was a fantastic recipe. Made for Honor Thy Mother - Diabetic tag.
I came across this as a result of a last minute search on what to do with these two beautiful trout fillets my wife left me this morning. The oil content of the rub, kind of a gremolata really, serves to seal the fish due to the high temp of the oven. My fillets were wonderfully moist and full of flavour. Step two omits adding the lemon zest. Be careful about the stated basil measure. There isn't a distinction between fresh or dried. I'd suggest 1Tbs of dried or 2Tbs fresh. All in all this was great.
Basicly good, however I did not like the texture of the trout.