Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Crisco® You can always tell a Crisco® Shortening-made Cookie – if you can spot them before they're gone!
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening or 1⁄4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening or 1⁄3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Add shortening. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until shortening is completely blended into flour mixture. Add milk, egg and lemon extract, mixing just until blended.
- ROLL dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack.
- For frosting, BEAT powdered sugar, shortening, 2 tablespoons warm milk and lemon extract in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in additional warm milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency. Spread on top of cookies.
I agree completely with the review that these were bland but had great potential. They actually reminded me a bit of biscuits. Maybe my dough needed to be chilled?
These were very good and the texture was great! The dough was very sticky and a bit difficult, but I got through it. My only complaint was that they were a little bland, so next time, I might add a little lemon juice or maybe some lemon zest. But I will make again.