1/5 Photos of Italian Lemon Cookies With Sprinkles
These cookies are called several names but our family always called them Easter Cookies, because that's when my Grandmother made them, and the name stuck. Prep time also includes forming the dough into desired shapes. Amount of cookies will vary depending on their size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract (or anise extract)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together the dry ingredients.
- 3Add sugar and mix well.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- 5Form the dough into small one-inch balls (or roll into a long 'snake' and twist into desired shapes).
- 6If dough in dry and crumbly add a bit of milk at a time to get it to the right consistency.
- 7Place on cookie sheet and bake till golden brown (apporximately 7-8 min).
- 8Frosting: Add milk and extract to the confectioners sugar and mix well.
- 9You do not want a watery consistency nor a cake frosting consistency, but just thick enough to have some remain on the cookie and drizzle (slowly) down the sides.
- 10Dip top of ball into the frosting and allow to sit for a few seconds before topping with sprinkles.
- 11If allowed to dry, sprinkles will not adhere.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Lemon Cookies With Sprinkles
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 72.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g