1/1 Photo of Italian Lemon Cookies
Yummy little Italian cookies that you can serve at holiday gatherings. Be creative! You can shape them however you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, sift flour and baking powder together.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar until light and lemon colored.
- 3Add the softened butter and lemon zest.
- 4Slowly beat in the flour and baking powder.
- 5Gradually add milk and vanilla.
- 6Dough should be soft.
- 7Divide dough into 6 sections.
- 8Roll out each section into a rope 1/2-inch wide.
- 9Cut into 3-inch pieces and twist each piece to form a loop.
- 10Place on a greased baking sheet or a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 11Bake in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- 12Remove from oven and cool.
- 13Combine the powdered sugar and enough orange juice to form a thin icing.
- 14Brush on top of cookies and sprinkle with colored candies.
- 15Makes about 4 dozen cookies, depending on size and shape of cookie.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Lemon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of