Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful for a holiday meal. Courtesty of Taste of Home.
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless leg of lamb
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and seasonings.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from lamb.
- Place lamb fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.