Recipe by glitter
Found this recipe they call it a dip but it's more of a spread, made just a few changes, but my sons and dh finished the WHOLE THING! And I have to add..they actually said,"Wow...this is really GOOD" First time I made it..and almost wished I was alone. Shame on me! All I can say is it went and next time around I am making more.
Top Review by Belinda in Austin, TX
I also made this for an Italian dinner night, and everyone loved the flavor. I used sun-dried tomatoes, instead of pimentos. The only problem I had was in keeping the whole dish hot enough, until it was all eaten. Next time, I'll probably put it into smaller dishes, and nuke each when the other's about gone, then there will always be hot dip. Thanks!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (you can also use a mix or Romano if you like, either way is yummy)
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce (I used my Frozen Pesto-4 cubes thawed to equal 1/3 c. frozen pesto)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos (here is where I changed this recipe I took 1/2 a red pepper sliced thinly, seeded, then chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cream cheeze with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Spread this mixture at the bottom of a 9" quiche.
- In a small pan pour just enough oil about 2 teaspoons just so you can soften up the peppers slightly.
- You don't want them to brown, just saute a few seconds.
- Lay and drain on a paper towel to absorb any access oil and let cool while preparing the rest.
- Layer 1/3 cup pesto*, the jar of pimentos or the red fried peppers, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 15 min.
- or until the mixture is heated through.
- Serve with crackers orsliced Italian bread.
- I found that Italian toast was outstanding with it by Nonni's.
- *Notice- if you want to make the recipe for the frozen pesto, you can make it and whatever you do not use for this recipe you can freeze the rest for a later recipe.
- I find the pesto cubes are great in a pinch even for a quick tomato sauce or to liven up a sauce.
- **Youcan assemble this a day ahead, cover with plastic and heat and serve the next day as well.
- this is so easy!