Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a Betty Crocker Recipe that was recently served at a family barbeque.
Make and share this Italian Layered Salad (Crowd Size) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce (bite-size pieces)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In deep 3-quart serving dish, layer lettuce, broccoli slaw, beans, onion and bell pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise and Italian dressing until well blended.
- Spread over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled or overnight.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Quite flavorful and so easy to do! I added some diced turkey to make it a luncheon salad and it was delicious. Want to try adding diced salami next time!
Very different layered salad, am very glad I tried it and WILL be making it again, all my guests loved it. Was looking for a veggie salad that did not have any added sugar or meat, this fit the bill. I was not able to find a bottled lower carb creamy Italian dressing, so I used a creamy Italian/Ranch which worked fine. I used double the shredded asiago cheese for the topping, and added chopped fresh basil as well. Thanks for posting this one, Susie, it will be one of my fave salads.
This was a nice change from the traditional layered salads. The colors were very pretty, and the broccoli slaw adds a lot of flavor.