Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to my mother by an Italian Grandma that used to babysit my older brother when my dad was going through law school. It can be made in advance and frozen. I edited this to add: Make sure that you let it sit for 5-10 minutes after coming out of the oven so it firms up a bit. :)
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1 quart) can whole tomato
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Cook lasagne noodles according package instructions.
- While cooking noodles, brown the hamburger with onion and garlic in the oil.
- Drain fat.
- Add sugar, pepper, salt, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Slice both lbs of cheese.
- Mix oregano and basil together in a separate bowl.
- In a 9x13-inch dish layer noodles, cheese, sauce, and then spices.
- Repeat for 2 or 3 layers.
- Bake at 375 for 1/2 hour.
- You can freeze lasagne and cook for one hour.