Recipe by Steve P.
Convenience products make this easy; the Italian flavors make it delicious. Tasty enough for a dinner party, yet simple enough to make for a quick family meal that even the kids will love ;-)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 6 ounces sliced oven-roasted chicken (4 2 oz slices from deli)
- 4 ounces sliced monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Green Giant mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Press each to form 6x5-inch rectangle.
- Top each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edge with slice of chicken, slice of cheese and 1 tablespoon of the mushrooms.
- Reserve remaining mushrooms for gravy.
- Fold dough in half, forming a square; pinch edges to seal.
- Dip each calzone in egg; coat with bread crumbs.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F.
- for 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine gravy and reserved mushrooms; cook over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Serve gravy over calzones; sprinkle with onions and paprika.