Recipe by Debbwl
Toasted almonds and raisins give the kale great flavor with out adding a lot of fat. Cook time is only 8-10 minutes for some reason the system is reading it as 20???
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1 lb kale, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in pine nuts or almonds and cook 1 to 2 minutes, shaking pan often, until lightly toasted. Put into a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often, until just starting to color. Add 1/3 cup water, the kale, raisins and salt.
- Cover and cook about 5 to 6 minutes stirring once, until greens are tender and water is nearly evaporated. Stir in almonds and serve immediately.