Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I revised a weight watchers recipe and it's even MORE delicious than the original! Hubby and Mom agree. This is the first recipe I make using fennel and it really adds a depth of flavor so it's worth including.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml spinach, baby leaves
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml thyme, preferably fresh
- 4.92 ml oregano, preferably fresh
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml chipotle pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 453.59 g lean Italian turkey sausage link, cut into quarters
- 59.14 ml water
- Saute olive oil, garlic, onions, and fennel in a large pot over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. In a separate small skillet, cook the sausage links by browning them first on medium heat and then adding the water and covering for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Once the onions, garlic, and fennel are aromatic and translucent, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10-15 minutes.