Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty and flavorful medley of fresh vegetables with tofu and lentils. This recipe is great for the cooler evenings. It's a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 sliced yellow squash
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, mild
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 6 ounces sliced tofu
- 4 ounces fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Open and drain the tofu. Slice tofu into cubes and put into the Italian dressing to marinate for 1o minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy fry pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute over low-medium heat. Pour in the chicken bouillion and turn up the heat to medium-high. Add in the zucchini, squash, canned tomatoes, chilis, and cover. Allow to gently bubble for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the lentils and tofu. Continue to cook until sauce is reduced by about half.
- Serve vegetables over cooked rice.