Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The Italian Inn was my favorite restaurant in Tulsa, OK. After over 40 years in business, they closed down. I was lucky enough to come across a cookbook of the owner's recipes recently. I will be posting more of my favorites from this book, "Once Upon A Table", by Betty Funston Collins. The recipe for Spumoni was very popular at the Inn, and was Ms. Collins' mother's own recipe.
- 1 quart pistachio ice cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries or cherries, apricots or peaches, golden raisins)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup good brandy
- Soften the ice creams in a large bowl. Fold in 1 cup dried fruit of choice, pecans and brandy.
- Just barely fold together so that the ice creams.
- do not mix with each other completely.
- Refreeze. Cook time is estimated freezer time.