Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Italian Inn Cookbook
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs, your choice
- 4 -6 medium new potatoes (skins left on)
- 3⁄4 lb green beans (fresh, ends trimmed)
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans albacore tuna
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 -8 scallions, rinsed and trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup small cured black olives
- 6 -10 anchovy fillets, drained
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- In a bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and garlic until well blended, add olive oil salt and pepper to taste, add minced herbs and whisk until dressing has emulsified.
- Peel potatoes, cut into quarters, boil in salted water about 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain potatoes, transfer.
- to a bowl and toss with about a quarter of the dressing.
- Drop the beans into boiling water.
- for 5 minutes, drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with about 2 T of the dressing. Separate,rinse and dry the lettuce leaves, place in a bowl and toss lightly with 2 T of the dressing.
- Line the edges of a large oval platter with the lettuce leaves and arrange two mounds of.
- tuna in the center. Arrange mounds of potatoes and beans around the tuna, then begin to arrange the tomatoes, eggs, scallions, and olives in an attractive colorful pattern around the.
- platter. Lay the anchovies over the top, sprinkle on the basil leaves, and pour the remaining dressing over all the ingredients. Serves 6.
very good have made it several times.