Italian Inn Classic Salad Nicoise
- In a bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and garlic until well blended, add olive oil salt and pepper to taste, add minced herbs and whisk until dressing has emulsified.
- Peel potatoes, cut into quarters, boil in salted water about 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain potatoes, transfer.
- to a bowl and toss with about a quarter of the dressing.
- Drop the beans into boiling water.
- for 5 minutes, drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with about 2 T of the dressing. Separate,rinse and dry the lettuce leaves, place in a bowl and toss lightly with 2 T of the dressing.
- Line the edges of a large oval platter with the lettuce leaves and arrange two mounds of.
- tuna in the center. Arrange mounds of potatoes and beans around the tuna, then begin to arrange the tomatoes, eggs, scallions, and olives in an attractive colorful pattern around the.
- platter. Lay the anchovies over the top, sprinkle on the basil leaves, and pour the remaining dressing over all the ingredients. Serves 6.