1/1 Photo of Italian Inn Chicken Parmigiana
The Italian Inn was a family restaurant in Tulsa, OK serving loyal patrons for over 40 years. This was one of their popular dishes. At the Inn they served Chicken Parmigiana in individual gratin or casserole dishes, but this dish can easily be baked in one large casserole dish. From the Italian Inn Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 thin chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (don't substitute)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Mix breadcrumbs and 1/4 c Parmesan cheese in shallow plate. Salt & pepper chicken.
- 2breasts on both sides, then dip in eggs, then crumbs. Heat 2 T oil and 2 T butter in skillet.
- 3Add chicken and saute. When lightly browned on both sides, remove and set aside.
- 4Heat oven to 350º. In saucepan, saute onion and garlic in 2 T olive oil until soft. Add.
- 5tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, thyme, 1 t salt, ½ t pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Cut Mozzarella into 8 slices to cover each piece of chicken. Spoon some sauce into
- 7shallow baking dish. Arrange alternate, overlapping slices of cheese and chicken in dish.
- 8Spoon remaining sauce around edge. Sprinkle with 1/2 c Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20
- 9minutes in 350º oven. This is a really good dish!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Inn Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 903.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 46.3 g