Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Italian Inn in Tulsa, OK. After over 40 years in business they closed their doors. They were famous for their cheese spread that was served before every entree with antipasto and fresh hot breadsticks. They sold as much of the cheese and breadsticks to go as eating in. The cheese is the key to this recipe, and they ordered it from Wisconsin.
- 24 ounces wisconsin cold pack cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic, very fine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Let cheese soften and mix all ingredients together with a mixer until smooth. At the Inn, this spread was served with carrot strips, celery sticks, sweet Italian peppers, and breadsticks.
I never went to the Italian Inn but this spread is like crack! I can't stop eating it every time I made it. Love it on toasted bread like a grilled cheese. Easy to make and you can adjust the heat to your liking.
Definitely outstanding. Just enough heat for us. Served with crackers; and made for Camera-less Chefs. Thanks, TGL for posting and playing!