Prep 5 mins
Cook 336 hrs
Cooking time is infusion time.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 strip lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large fresh basil sprig, bruised
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place herbs and spices in the bottle.
- Add warm oil.
- Cover and let stand for 2 weeks.
- Taste the oil. If the flavor isn't strong enough, add more flavorings. You may leave the herbs in the oil or strain them out. Once the oil is infused, keep it in the refrigerator. It may get cloudy from the cold, but should clear up when it reaches room temperature. The oil should last, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
- Optionally if you are in a hurry to make this herb you may use a crockpot. Put all ingredients in crock and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Cool and bottle.
Who wouldn`t enjoy this?Refreshing Lemon and basil with a kick from the garlic and pepper flakes then the rosemary...........
Thanks Made for ZWT 2011
Love the flavors in this oil. I ran to the garden and grabbed rosemary, basil and fresh garlic and this was done in no time flat. I added red pepper flakes to the oil. Made for ZWT7.
I actually made this days ago but I wanted to wait a while before I reviewed it, this has a wonderful combination of flavors and I'm sure it only gets better with time, I increased the garlic cloves to six and the red pepper flakes by 1/2 teaspoon, I can't wait to try this with many recipes, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)