Prep 5 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A nice summer dish, looks good served in a champagne flute. If you like a sweeter flavor, you can use one of the fruity white wines. The prep time is just freezing.
- In a small saucepan add wine, water, and sugar and bring to a boil dissolving the sugar.
- Cover pan and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove cover, and adjust heat to low to simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and refrigerate 1 hour or until mixture is completely cooled.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and mix in lemon juice.
- Pour into cake pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Quickly stir mixture with a fork to break up ice crystals.
- Freeze an additional hour until firm, but not solid.
- While waiting, place a glass bowl in freezer to chill.
- Use blender to mix egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Place ice mixture in chilled bowl and whisk until smooth, then fold in egg whites and mix well.
- Spread mixture back in cake pan and freeze another 30 minutes, then mix with fork; Cover pan with foil and freeze at least 3 hours until firm.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out ice and place in chilled glass dishes and place fresh berries on top.