5 hrs 15 mins
Kevin Young's Note:
A nice summer dish, looks good served in a champagne flute. If you like a sweeter flavor, you can use one of the fruity white wines. The prep time is just freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan add wine, water, and sugar and bring to a boil dissolving the sugar.
- 2Cover pan and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- 3Remove cover, and adjust heat to low to simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat and refrigerate 1 hour or until mixture is completely cooled.
- 5Remove pan from refrigerator and mix in lemon juice.
- 6Pour into cake pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- 7Quickly stir mixture with a fork to break up ice crystals.
- 8Freeze an additional hour until firm, but not solid.
- 9While waiting, place a glass bowl in freezer to chill.
- 10Use blender to mix egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 11Place ice mixture in chilled bowl and whisk until smooth, then fold in egg whites and mix well.
- 12Spread mixture back in cake pan and freeze another 30 minutes, then mix with fork; Cover pan with foil and freeze at least 3 hours until firm.
- 13With an ice cream scoop, scoop out ice and place in chilled glass dishes and place fresh berries on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Ice
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g