Recipe by -------
A classic & delicious Italian dessert. It is very light, so it is good after a heavy meal. Serves 4
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
This was good but too sweet for me. The other 10 people who tried it loved it though! I'd use half the sugar next time to taste more berries and less sugar. Made it in an ice cream maker so I didn't have to stir it!
- 2 cups warm water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
ONE of the following
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, &
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, &
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup pureed strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate, grated & melted
- maraschino cherries, with stems whole strawberries (to garnish) or chocolate shavings (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water.
- Add fruit juice, strawberries, or chocolate.
- If adding fruit juice, let stand 5 minutes, then strain out rind.
- Pour mixture into freezing tray & freeze, stirring frequently until mixture is thick & mushy.
- Serve in chilled champagne glasses with appropriate garnish.